A full-mouth restoration is life-changing. At Bela Family Dentistry, we often meet people who don’t want to smile. They are embarrassed about the way their teeth look. This can lead to low self-esteem, anxiety and a variety of emotional and social problems. Whether your teeth are missing, cracked, crooked, broken or decayed, we can fix them. Bela Family Dentistry is dedicated to giving you a smile you will want to show off.
Why get full-mouth restoration?
Aesthetics and how you feel about your smile are great reasons to get full-mouth restoration, but there are a few other reasons it is important to have a restored, healthy mouth.
- Health: Misaligned teeth can lead to dental problems such as gum disease, tooth decay, and bad breath. Straightening teeth can improve oral hygiene and reduce the risk of these problems.
- Speech: Teeth that are misaligned or have gaps can affect speech by causing a lisp or other speech impediments. Fixing these issues can improve speech and communication.
- Bite: Misaligned teeth can cause problems with the bite, which can lead to jaw pain and other issues. Straightening teeth can improve the bite and reduce these problems.
What is full-mouth restoration?
Full-mouth restoration, also known as full-mouth reconstruction, is a comprehensive dental treatment that involves restoring all teeth in the upper and lower jaws. This type of treatment is typically recommended for patients who have extensive teeth damage or decay or who have multiple missing teeth.
Full-mouth restoration may include a combination of dental procedures, such as:
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Crowns or bridges to repair damaged or decayed teeth
- Orthodontic treatment to correct misaligned teeth
- Gum grafting to improve the health of the gums
- Periodontal therapy to treat gum disease
- Root canal therapy to treat infected teeth
- Teeth whitening to improve the appearance of discolored teeth
The specific treatments recommended will depend on your needs and goals and the extent of damage or decay to your teeth. Full-mouth restoration is a complex and involved process that typically requires multiple appointments.
Before we recommend or begin any procedures, your Bela Family Dentistry dental specialist will examine your mouth, including teeth, gums, jaw, etc. We will listen to your goals and determine the best course of action for achieving those goals. No two full-mouth restorations are the same.
Contact Bela Family Dentistry today to find out more about full-mouth restoration and to begin your journey to a smile you’ll love.